Although the broad aim of our society is to keep families intact, in some instances children have to be removed from their families and placed in alternate care. This process involves statutory intervention. The case is then transferred to the Placement Team.
* A temporary placement with another family (the family may be related or unrelated to the child).
* Offer counseling / support to foster parents / foster children.
* Focuses on reuniting families when children have been removed and placed in alternate care,
(Children’s Home and foster care)
* Ensuring the return of the children to their parent’s care within the shortest possible time.
Services centre around:
* Counseling of birthmothers
* Assessment of adoptive parents
* Placement of abandoned children
* Family adoptions
* Tracing of Origins
* Post Adoption Services